Ohio Law

News and Announcements from the Supreme Court of Ohio and Other Governmental Entities Within the Buckeye State.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

2/2/2006 - Supreme Court of Ohio Case Announcements

MOTION AND PROCEDURAL RULINGS

2005-0201. Gass v. Massachusetts Mut. Life Ins. Co.
Summit App. No. 21956. This cause is pending before the court as an
appeal from the Court of Appeals for Summit County. On July 26, 2005,
this court stayed proceedings in this case pending the resolution of related
proceedings before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
IT IS ORDERED by the court, sua sponte, that the appellant file a notice
advising this court of the status of the federal court proceedings within
ten days of the date of this entry.

MISCELLANEOUS DISMISSALS

2006-0024. State v. Fentress.
Cuyahoga App. No. 85835, 2005-Ohio-5851. This cause is pending before
the court as a discretionary appeal and claimed appeal of right. On January
5, 2006, when this appeal was filed, a check in the amount of $40.00 was
submitted by counsel for appellant to satisfy the requirement of the docket
fee imposed by R.C. 2503.17 and S.Ct.Prac.R. XV(1). This court has been
informed by the Office of the Treasurer of the State of Ohio that the check
was returned because of insufficient funds. Whereas R.C. 2503.17 and
S.Ct.Prac.R. XV(1) require that the docket fee shall be paid before a notice
of appeal is filed or a case is docketed, IT IS ORDERED by the court,
sua sponte, that this cause is dismissed.

Later

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Larry said…

    Gonna take off on a trip for the weekend. A leisurely weekend. But the weird thing is, that while I was out search for certain sites that would show me spots to hit on my way to where I am going, I found this interesting site on Supreme court and you would not believe how distracted I became from my initial purpose. I almost got so carried away, I almost forgot to leave on my trip. Could you believe that? I guess that site was a little more interesting than what I was doing or something reminded me that I was looking for this in the first place. Funny how the mind works.
    ##link##"|"8=Gonna take off on a trip for the weekend. A leisurely weekend. But the weird thing is, that while I was out search for certain sites that would show me spots to hit on my way to where I am going, I found this interesting site on ##keyword## and you would not believe how distracted I became from my initial purpose. I almost got so carried away, I almost forgot to leave on my trip. Could you believe that? I guess that site was a little more interesting than what I was doing or something reminded me that I was looking for this in the first place. Funny how the mind works.

    ##link##"|"8=Gonna take off on a trip for the weekend. A leisurely weekend. But the weird thing is, that while I was out search for certain sites that would show me spots to hit on my way to where I am going, I found this interesting site on ##keyword## and you would not believe how distracted I became from my initial purpose. I almost got so carried away, I almost forgot to leave on my trip. Could you believe that? I guess that site was a little more interesting than what I was doing or something reminded me that I was looking for this in the first place. Funny how the mind works.

    Patio Furniture

     

Post a Comment

<< Home