Ohio Law

News and Announcements from the Supreme Court of Ohio and Other Governmental Entities Within the Buckeye State.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Need an Extension for Filing Your Ohio Tax Return?

Here is answer #30 from the Ohio Department of Taxation's FAQ:

30. How can I get my extension to file my Ohio income tax return?

To obtain an Ohio extension you must first request a federal extension. Ohio will automatically grant the same extension for your Ohio return, however, you must attach a copy of the federal extension (IRS form 4868) to your Ohio return. If you have requested a federal extension by telephone you will have received a confirmation number. You must attach a note to your Ohio return indicating that you have requested a federal extension by telephone and provide the federal confirmation number.

Remember, the extension is granted for filing only. If you estimate that you will owe tax, you must remit your payment by April 15th. Your payment should be remitted with form IT 40P.

Of course, if you look at the calendar, you probably realize that you're already a late filer.



  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Squirrel said…

    I really liked the information on your blog about Tax Return I have my own Tax Return Exposedblog if you would like to come and see what I have on mine


Post a Comment

<< Home