Ohio Law

News and Announcements from the Supreme Court of Ohio and Other Governmental Entities Within the Buckeye State.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

President Bush Reiterates Support for Clean Coal Technology

In remarks yesterday in Columbus, Ohio, President George W. Bush continued his support for clean coal technology:

That's why clean coal technology is critical to the future of this country. It's critical to the future of the state. It's critical for the job creators of your state. It's critical for the working people of your state. It's critical for this country.

When I ran for President in 2000, I pledged to invest $2 billion over 10 years to promote research into clean coal technologies. I kept my promise. My budget for 2006 brings clean coal funding to $1.6 billion over five years, and that puts us on pace to exceed my pledge by more than 50 percent. It's an important pledge, because I believe by utilizing the brains of America, like those I met at Battelle, we can come up with ways to burn coal cleanly.

Later


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home