Ohio Law

News and Announcements from the Supreme Court of Ohio and Other Governmental Entities Within the Buckeye State.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

New Board Opinions

The Ohio Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline have issued the following new opinions:

OPINION 2005-1

Issued February 4, 2005

SYLLABUS: An attorney who performs research and writing on a contract basis to other attorneys, but who is not engaged by, does not meet with, and does not offer advice to clients is not considered to be engaged in the practice of law and is not subject to the professional liability insurance notice requirements of DR 1-104.

OPINION 2005-2

Issued February 4, 2005

SYLLABUS: It is proper for an association of judicial employees (Ohio Association for Court Administration) to charge vendors a fee to set up a booth at the association’s educational conference to display products or services of interest to members. And, it is proper for an association of judicial employees (Ohio Association for Court Administration) to permit vendors to sponsor a meal, reception, open house, or other similar activity at the association’s educational conference and discuss their products or services at the meal, reception, open house, or activity. Of course, there must be no strings attached to the vendor’s support, in particular, no overt or sub rosa agreements that a judicial employee will try to influence a court to use a vendor’s products or services.


OPINION 2005-3

Issued February 4, 2005

SYLLABUS: Counsel representing an interest adverse to a corporation may communicate without the consent of a corporation’s lawyer with certain current employees and former employees of the corporation, even when corporate counsel asserts blanket representation of the corporation and all its current and former employees.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Dream Builder said…

    Remarkable blog here! I really enjoyed the topic you chose to write about. I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a business business from home home internet make money online opportunity successforfreedom.com work site. It pretty much covers business business from home home internet make money online opportunity successforfreedom.com work related stuff. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger hiro said…

    I have a auto accident lawyer site. It pretty much covers auto accident lawyer related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger thomas said…

    Hey!! Very good information here :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my car. It is my prize posession. Took me 3 hours though. So I settled down into my office and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my associates degree and have spent the last 6 months researching home owner insurance az. In the middle of my browsing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am invading but I must say it is great blog. Even though your blog is way off base from home owner insurance az I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote down your url and feel free to visit me here at home owner insurance az. I am so busy so I can only update my site weekly. Keep up the awesome work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home